Dental Front Office Training from World Education
The Dental Office Assistant course provides students with the latest information and skills practice needed to succeed in the paperless era. Our dental front office training covers a wide range of topics including current technologies, forms, and equipment in use by front office personnel on a day-to-day basis.
Over the course of your training you will learn about dental coding, HIPAA and OSHA guidelines, and business communications. You will also receive in-depth instruction on how to complete common front office tasks such as scheduling, bookkeeping, electronic record keeping and regulations, and insurance coding.
Upon successful completion of our dental front office training program, students have the skills, knowledge and experience needed to competently:
- Identify good communication skills, telephone techniques, and methods for maintaining patient relations.
- Comprehend the role of the dental office assistant within the Dental Healthcare Team.
- Recognize the requirements for managing dental office systems and dental patient records.
- Identify the steps for managing dental office finances including insurance processing, financial arrangements, and collection procedures.
- Identify the steps for bookkeeping procedures including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
This course will prepare you to sit prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA).
Our open enrolment policy allows you to begin your training immediately, from the comfort of your own home. There's no need to wait for semesters to commence. Simply click on the registration button located on this page to begin your dental front office training today!
Browse more online healthcare certificate courses from World Education including:
- Dental Assistant
- Lean Mastery for Healthcare
Course Access Time
We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 12 months. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee.
This online program is supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encourage and motivate you to succeed.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. Students will need access to both a computer and the internet. Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, and be comfortable navigating the internet.
The intended audience for this program is individuals that are seeking to gain employment in the field of Dental Office Assisting or wishing to enhance their skills in the field of Dental Office Assisting.
Students are required to obtain a copy of the required textbook for this program. The required textbook is The Administrative Dental Assistantby Linda Gaylor
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
- Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
- 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
- Web Browsers
- Google Chrome is highly recommended
- Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
- Cookies MUST be enabled
- Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
- Kindle Reader App is needed for many of our courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
- Adobe Flash Player (Required for many of our career courses and ALL of our IT courses.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have PowerPoint)