Interior Decorating Certification from World Education
Interior decorating certification from World Education will open new doors of opportunity for the student and professional decorator. This course is 100% online and instructor-led to make learning more convenient and affordable.
The fields of Interior design and interior decorating touch our lives in a very real and direct way.
Our indoor spaces are important to us. Most Americans spend the majority of their lives indoors. When we choose our furnishings and decorations, we're actually excercising our interior decorating skills on a very basic level. Many businesses and individuals hire professional interior decorators and designers to assist us in making our homes and offices more appealing and functional.
Our interior decorating certification course helps students and working professionals better understand the fundamental principles of interior decorating and design.
Over the course of your training, you'll learn from an experienced professional interior decorator with real world experience.
Over the course of our interior decorating and design program, you'll learn:
- About the history and principles of the interior design profession
- How to identify the steps making up the design process
- How to use of various mediums in interior design
- A wide range of technical issues that the interior decorator or designer must consider
- Project management and how to run a successful interior design business
If you've ever considered a career in the exciting and rewarding field interior design, our interior decorating certification course is for you. Learn anytime, from anywhere. Our open enrollments allow you to get started today!
Upon completion of this course, you'll have the skills needed to pursue an entry-level position in the field of interior decorating and design. You'll also be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Interior Decorating Specialist (CIDS).
Take the first step toward a brighter future with our interior decorating certification program!
Browse other online certificate courses from World Education, including:
Event Management and Design
Communication and Writing Skills
General Studies in Human Resources
Course Access Time
We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 12 months. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee.
Our interior decorating certificate course is supported by an Educational Mentor. All of our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed, and promptly responds to questions or concerns you might have, while encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
There are no specific prerequisites for the interior decorating certification course. Students must have access to a computer and the Internet. Students should also have basic keyboarding and computer skills, and be comfortable navigating the internet.
The intended audience for this program is individuals that are seeking to gain employment in the field of Interior Decorating and Design or wishing to enhance their skills in the field of Interior Decorating and Design.
Materials / System Requirements
- Interior Designby John F. Pile
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
- Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
- 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
- Web Browsers
- Google Chrome is highly recommended
- Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
- Cookies MUST be enabled
- Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
- Kindle Reader App is needed for many of our courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
- Adobe Flash Player (Required for many of our career courses and ALL of our IT courses.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have PowerPoint)