Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop Android mobile applications for the commercial market. Students will learn to build robust, commercial-grade Android applications, and will gain an understanding of how to extend application functionality. The course will also cover the steps to finalize applications for external release.
- Explain the different aspects of Android and the Android language
- Execute an Android application
- Explain the role of activities and intents in Android
- Describe the different aspects of user interface in Android
- Differentiate between threads and tasks in Android
- Describe persistence in data and services in Android
- Describe considerations for finalizing applications for external use
- Explain how to create robust applications that support various OS versions and devices in Android
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.