Begin your health care career as a Certified Nursing Assistant. This course prepares you to enter the workforce as a health care professional and for the state exams required to be placed on the Idaho Nurse Aide registry. The class components include online assignments, in class skills practice and clinical experience at local health care facilities. Class includes a customized lab manual, professional guest speakers, Customer Service in Health Care certification, Free Job Attainment training, and comprehensive list of employers ready to hire. Additional costs include textbook, health screening tests and immunizations, uniform and state testing fees.
The following documentation is required for entering the clinical setting:
- Immunization records that include:
- A Tuberculosis test within the last 6 months,
- 2 MMR vaccinations or titer
- Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis vaccination
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- (Chicken Pox) Varicella vaccination, titer, or history of disease
- A state or national criminal background check (provided in class)
- Flu vaccination if the educational experience occurs during the season.