This course prepares you for the state exams required to be placed on the Idaho Nurse Aide registry. Course includes online assignments, in-class skills practice, and clinical experience at local health care facilities. Guest speakers, Customer Service in Health Care certification, Job Attainment skills, and a comprehensive list of employers ready to hire round out the course. Additional costs include textbook, health screening tests and immunizations, uniform, and state testing fees. More information is found at www.workforcetraining.nic.edu
, at registration, or by calling (208) 769-3214.
The following documentation is required for those interested in the option of experiencing clinicals in the acute care setting:
- Immunization records that include:
- A Tuberculosis test within the last 6 months,
- 2 MMR vaccinations or titer
- Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis vaccination
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- (Chicken Pox) Varicella vaccination, titer, or history of disease
- A state or national criminal background check (provided in class)
- Flu vaccination if the educational experience occurs during the flu season. Students can successfully complete the course at an alternate clinical site that only requires a current TB test and Flu vaccine.