Begin your health care career as a Certified Nursing Assistant. This course prepares you to enter the workforce as a health care professional and for the state exams required to be placed on the Idaho Nurse Aide registry. The 120-hour class includes online assignments, in class skills practice and clinical experience at local health care facilities. Class includes textbook, customized lab manual, professional guest speakers, testing fees and Customer Service in Health Care certification, Additional costs include health screening tests and uniform.
The following documentation is required for those interested in the option of experiencing clinicals in the acute care setting:
- Immunization records that include:
- A Tuberculosis test within the last 6 months,
- 2 MMR vaccinations or titer
- Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis vaccination
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- (Chicken Pox) Varicella vaccination, titer, or history of disease
- A state or national criminal background check (provided in class)
- Flu vaccination if the educational experience occurs during the flu season. Students can successfully complete the course at an alternate clinical site that only requires a current TB test and Flu vaccine.